Sunday, August 9, 2009

I SAY RUN and this is what Rohith says:

Haven't you always felt that you were somewhat different from others ? Haven't you felt that you were meant for higher things ?
I did . and I ended up joining yes+. Its been a beautiful journey which I thank my stars I took or I would have been sitting on some park bench and wondering what all I could have done if I had the guts to do it.
I did the advanced course with Dinesh bhaiya in june... and just as most AOL courses have it. It really affected my life drastically. I always wanted to do something for society and change it and now I had found the perfect family to do it along with. I spoke to JD bhaiya about everything from politics to relationships and as fate would have it, I came back home and I was browsing through the net and searching for challenging jobs that I wanted to take up after my graduation. Some of them with voluntary organizations, some with respect to academia and I even considered event management.
And then all of a sudden I decided to search for job opportunities in the UN and I was led to this page which specified something about youth representation at the UN. Where every country in the world has the provision to send a youth delegate as part of its permanent mission to the UN to represent the views of the youth of that country in the international arena. I thought wow! lets check out if our country has this and lets try and become the youth delegate of India. All my searches were in vain, because the second most populous country in the world with the largest youth population in the world does not have a youth delegate in the UN General Assembly, What an irony.
I read up on as much material was there online that I could find and finally after a LOT of thinking I decided to take the plunge. Lets lobby for this important provision and give voice to around 600 million youth of this country. I mailed Bawa and he was all smiles and all game for it. I started mailing him more frequently and he directed me to Dinesh bhaiya and JD bhaiya and from then on, there has been no turning back.
I told a few close friends from yes+ and then started off... we set up a facebook group which now has over 800 members, which I am extremely proud of. We then got the permission of Dinesh bhaiya to do this activity under WAYE, so yes, we are officially doing sewa under WAYE :) . And the best thing is this... directly under Dinesh bhaiya.
We mailed the Indian mission at the UN and bugged them to give us some details about this and to forward us to someone. We would have called NY crazy number of times and got them to wake up to us and give us some importance. Now they have directed us to the ministry of external affairs MEA, and we are in the process of bugging them too .
The road ahead against all this red tape and suppression is long, arduous and sometimes just a wee bit serious. But just like any other good sewa, it sure is rewarding. We are now got a lot of plans to take ISAYRUN ( Indian Students and Youth Representative to the UN ) to new heights and we want to reach out to you. We need all the help you can give, so even if your expertise is very little but you have the heart to contribute, we welcome you with open arms.
This country has been under nonsense enough, its time we did something about it and I am both proud and happy that I get to take my first BIG step with WAYE and with Guruji by my side guiding me. Lets break the shackles that are holding back our great motherland from being what we ought to be. Let us reclaim our lost glory and splendor. Let's change this country. I SAY RUN , do you ?
Jai Gurudev
Jai Hind
Rohith
http://isayrun.blogspot.com

or Join The Force

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting!

mihir said...

GRRRrrr8 !! mahn !!